- Rinse with hot water directly after use.
- Use very mild soap, although this is not necessary after every use.
- Do not put in the dishwasher, this will dry and create cracks in the bamboo.
*It is important to wash all your tools quickly after using them, as this will prevent them from staining.
Traditional Matcha Directions:
- Heat up 6-8 ounces water to nearly boiling (70°C(158°F)-80°C(176°F).
- Preheat your matcha bowl, by putting hot water at the bottom 1/3 of bowl, and rest your matcha whisk in it, so the tips of your whisk soak in the hot water. Once your bowl is warm (1-2 minutes) empty the water and dry the bowl with a clean cloth. Replace whisk onto holder.
- Place 2 scoops of matcha using your bamboo spoon in bowl and add 1/2 ounce of your hot water. Using your spoon, create a paste with your matcha removing any clumps. (note: Some people prefer to use a matcha sifter for this process)
- Pour the remaining 5 1/2 – 7 1/2 ounces into bowl over your matcha paste.
- Hold the whisk in your dominant hand and hold the matcha bowl with your other hand. Whisk the matcha briskly in a W or zig-zag formation, until the matcha is very well mixed and has froth on the surface.
- Wrap both hands around your matcha bowl, sip, savor and relish in the many benefits of your matcha.
- Be sure to thoroughly rinse all your matcha tools in hot water to avoid staining.
- Use organic almond or coconut milk instead of water to create a creamy Matcha latte
- Add organic stevia drops or honey to sweeten
- Add spices like cinnamon, cardamom, cloves or nutmeg.