Many people enjoy a good cup of tea (duh!). And in addition to the great taste, there are a lot of benefits to drinking tea. In case you weren't aware, Oolong tea is not only a great tasting tea, but it also has a number of health benefits and has been known to improve your overall health.
Oolong tea has been getting more and more exposure lately for its myriad of health benefits.
- It can help a person reduce their chance of heart disease. Heart disease is the number one killer in the world, and drinking oolong is a great way to combat it.
- It can also help people with arthritis. It's said to be able to reduce inflammation, and is one way to alleviate joint pain.
- Drinking oolong tea on a daily basis can also help lower cholesterol levels. How cool is that?
- Oolong tea contains a number of vital antioxidants. These antioxidants can help the immune system fight off disease and help keep you from getting sick frequently.
- It can help keep your bones strong as well. This is great for people that are at risk for osteoporosis.
- Believe it or not, but Oolong tea can help a improve your physical appearance as well. Not that you need it, but just sayin'! It's properties help to keep your skin looking fresh and vibrant.
- Guess what? Your teeth can also benefit from oolong. It'll keep 'em strong and will even help to keep 'em white.
Most tea aficionados love oolong because of its pleasant taste. It has a fruity flavor to it ... but it's not overpowering. There's a pleasant aroma as well. Oolong tea does contain caffeine (50-75 mg per 8 oz - coffee is about double that), but it can still help a person relax. The health benefits outweigh the little bit of caffeine that it does contain. According to the Tea Association of the United States, oolong tea has a crazy amount of health benefits because it's harvested right in between green and black teas. These leaves are only partially oxidized, which is generally speaking a healthier state.
Out of the hundreds of varieties of tea in the world, oolong is one of the best if you're looking to improve your health. Oolong tea also contains a number of vitamins and minerals. These include:
- vitamin A
- vitamin B
- vitamin C
- vitamin E
- folic acid
It also contains other substances that will help your body remove toxins. Oolong has been shown to help remove free radicals and other toxins that can lead to health problems.
As I mentioned before, it contains caffeine ... so it will help stimulate your nervous system. In combination with a healthy diet and exercise, oolong can help you lose weight and get into shape faster. Nice, right? So what are you waiting for? Get on the oolong train!